Want to Study at Leeds Metropolitan University in April / September 2020?
For all information about Scholarships & Discounts available at Leeds Metropolitan University, Apply Now !
” Scholarships & Discounts are Limited “
Study Areas & Degree Lavels
|Art & Humanities|
|Business Social Science|
|Language & Cultural|
|Medicine and Health|
|Science and Technology|
About Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University (LBU) was first established nearly 200 years ago in 1824 as Leeds Mechanics Institute with a vision to be acknowledged for commitment to student success, innovation and enterprise, global reach, and strong local impact. In 1992, it received the “university” title and became Leeds Metropolitan University which later, in 2014, renamed to Leeds Beckett University.
Leeds Beckett has over 190 postgraduate and over 150 undergraduate courses in 11 academic schools and 14 research centers. It possesses campuses in Leeds city center, all of which are just 2-hour distance by train to London. 97.7% of Leeds Beckett postgraduates are in work or further study six months after graduating.
The university has been given an overall 4 out of 5 stars rating by QS. Leeds Beckett is the only UK university received the Customer Service Excellence standard. Moreover, it achieved the Gold award of Investors in People. The university has also joined the Athena SWAN since 2014 to show its commitment to gender equality and received the Athena SWAN Bronze charter from the Equality Challenge Unit.
Leeds Beckett is known for courses in Economics, MBA, and Media.
LBU holds the TEF certificate. TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed “rigorous national quality requirements” for higher education in the UK.
Leeds Beckett University-Student services and facilities
Libraries and Information Services
- Libraries at LBU are open 24/7, 365 days a year and possess a variety of facilities, including print and electronic collections, suitable learning environments, as well as learned staff. The university has refurbished The Sheila Silver Library at City campus and Headingley Library so as to create a better environment and contains spaces with specialist software and rooms for rehearsals.
- Over 315,000 print and multimedia items and 150,000 journals, e-books, databases and newspapers have been provided for students.
- There is at least one liaison librarian in each of these two libraries to help students make use of the libraries’ facilities and increase their employability as well as academic skills.
Leeds Beckett University-Student Jobs
- While on campus, students need to obtain employability skills and make some money by doing some part-time jobs alongside with their studies. To do so, LBU offers its own employment agency which has a partnership with many local businesses.
- MyHub is LBU’s job finder online system provided for students to find their job of interest. It also sends notification to students when there is a job available.
Leeds Beckett-Career Advice
- Leeds Beckett has always had the vision to merge academic and practical studies with once in a lifetime opportunities.
- Having a strong CV and a well-written job application are necessary for students who are looking for a job. Hence, the university’s Employability Team are there to assist students in this regard. Besides the aforementioned helps, it also advises students for job interviews and provide expert guidance to help them decide on their next steps in the world of work. Career mentoring is also organized for students to receive counsel from prosperous and successful people.
- It is really critical for the university to grow students who are able to apply what they have learnt on campus into work. In this regard, LBU’s placement program, which partners with over 2,300 companies and organizations, registered 5,806 placements for students in 2017–18 with the likes of Apple, Disney, Nike, BMW, and Samsung.
- University Business Centers, located in three sites, is where students can get advice an participate in networking events, start-up workshops, and receive funding to establish their own business. Since 2004, more than 180 start-ups have been created by students and graduates, namely a natural skincare company – Sweet Cecily’s – as well as a mobile cocktail bar service—Boston Shakers. In addition, these centers also provide professional meeting spaces, business addresses, and membership of the Leeds Chamber of Commerce which is free for 3 months.
Leeds Beckett university-Health Services
- It has been always significant for the university to have students who are healthy in terms of physical and mental conditions, thereby providing a wide range of facilities be sure about this.
- Gym membership at a very low cost in addition to a “give it a go” week with a number of free exercise classes, are just some of the facilities provided by LBU for students’ health.
Leeds Beckett University- Counselling and Mental Health Support
- Expert support and advice is provided to assist students in their problems regarding homesickness, losing a close person, relationship issues, exam stress, and anger. The team consists of mental health practitioners, chaplains, as well as advisers who offer free, confidential advice.
- At both campuses, there are Student Experience Officers who are ready to guide students for whatever help and services they want.
- An online support platform, known as Kooth Student, is LBU’s support website that students can find extra support.
- Extra support can also be found on the Leeds Beckett website.
Leeds Beckett University-Disability Support
- Students with such specific conditions as disability, dyslexia, long-term physical mental health issues are provided help and assistance with specialist staff who offer mentoring, specialist software or equipment, one-to-one study support, and counsels relating to learning and teaching.
- Disabled Students’ Allowance is available for students with special conditions through the staff in the Disability Assessment Centre to provide their assessment and supporting facilities which is accessible before the beginning of the course.
Leeds Beckett-Other Services and Facilities
- City campus of LBU with its unique facilities is a big part of the Leeds skyline. A courtroom, clinical skills suite, biomedical laboratories, financial trading floor, radio studios, a TV studio and control room, 3D printing workshop, and Hydra Suite—a learning lab—are just a number of top-notch facilities at City campus.
- The university has promised to build a new building for its School of Film, Music & Performing Arts and Fashion Department by the end of 2020 with facilities like 220-seat Dolby Atmos movie cinema, 184-seat performance theatre, and course-specific studios.
- Sports are a non-separable part of LBU and the university’s modern teaching and research facilities in sport are renowned; high-tech and elite sporting facilities, and strength and conditioning suites, state-of-the-art health and well-being studios and a rooftop-walking terrace are going to be opened in winter 2019/20.
Leeds Beckett and University-Students’ Union
- In order for students to engage with such student-led activities as joining a club or society, campaigning for change or simply enjoying social events throughout the year, and volunteering activities, Leeds Beckett has provided a Students’ Union (SU) which students will gains its membership after they register their course.
- The Students’ Union Advice Service equips students with free, private advice on different issues as on-campus life, accommodation, and personal finances to name a few.
- There are a wide range of societies led by students which supply quite a few fun activities and get-to-know events. In addition to current societies such as the Harry Potter Society, Elevating Young Minds, and the Geek Culture Society, students are able to establish their own society, if none of the societies interest them.
Leeds Beckett Notable Alumni & Famous Faces
- Ruth Holt − director of nursing for NHS England
- Kadeena Cox MBE − Paralympic gold medallist
- Dame Sarah Storey – swimmer and cyclist, most successful female British Paralympian with 14 gold medals
Leeds Beckett -Welcome Arrangements
• In order to help international students regarding visas, campus tours, bank account, and registration, LBU has arranged a welcome week.
• Two programmes, that is The International Social Network and Leeds Beckett Buddies, have been organised to assist the international students—the former is for informing students from clubs, events, and part-time job opportunities and the latter is for one-to-one advice and support from other students.
Leeds Beckett -English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate: IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in any component) or equivalent, with exceptions
- Postgraduate: IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in any component) or equivalent, with exceptions
- Pre-sessional courses are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees to help students achieve the required level of English to study
Leeds Beckett University- Accommodation
- The university has provided more than 4,200 rooms with a wide range of choices and facilities including en-suite bedrooms, free Wi-Fi, and a TV in the lounge area. All the university’s accommodation access to public transport.
|Business Management||Applied Positive Psychology|
|Design and Crafts||Business Psychology|
|Development Studies||Civil Engineering|
|International Relations||Counselling and Psychotherapy|
|Human Resources Management||Education Information Security and Digital Forensics Acting|
|Art||English Language Teaching|
|Food Science||General Law|
|Hotel Management||International Business Management|
|Bachelor of Laws||International Law and Legal Practice|
|Film Studies||International Relations|
|Digital Media||Non-Government Organisations and Development Management|
|Hospitality and Tourism||Occupational and Organisational Psychology|
|Education Studies||Political Science|
|Computer Science||Professional Landscape Architecture|
|Interior Design||Social Work|
|Film Production||Structural Engineering|
|Architecture and Environmental Design||Theatre Directing|
|Biotechnology||Youth and Community Work|
|Dance and Drama|
|Master of Laws|
|Media and Communications|
|Oil and Gas Engineering|
|Oil and Gas Management|
|Supply Chain and Logistics|
Study In UK 2020
Costs In UK
Cost of living for those who want to study in UK includes tuition, accommodation, transportation, and food. However, there are some details about each one to notice.
The best and newest scholarships in the UK in 2020 can cover all the costs of tuition, food, accommodation, and transport from and to your home country.
Study Football in UK
You can find a place among professional footballers in either UK or anywhere around the world. You just have to know where to kick off.
Student Visas in the UK comprise two types, Short-Term & Long-Term with the latter being of two sub-classes; over 16 & under 16 years of age.