Student Visa Information

If you are considering studying at a University in the UK, it is time to think about your visa situation. There are many details to consider when traveling to a foreign country to study. First of all it is important to find out which documents you need to support your application and what type of visa will be adequate for your type of course.

Student Visa (formally known as Tier4 Visa) - New Visa Support for International Students

We have successfully launched a new website providing up to date visa information and extensive visa support to all our students. Our aim is to help every student step into the path of higher education. We have expert advisors who will guide you through every step of the application process. Rest assured that you have our full support in these difficult times.

Visit Tier4Visa


Type of student Visa

Short-Term Study Visas

Short term study visas are available to students who want to join courses that are up to six months long or English language courses up to 11 months long.

This type of visa cannot be extended in the UK.

To apply for a Short-term visa you will be required to provide evidence that you can support yourself during your trip by providing finance evidence.

UK Student Visa

If you are 16 or over and plan on studying at a higher education institution in the UK, you need to apply for a UK student visa (formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa). All applicants must meet the requirements of the relevant UK Immigration Rules in order to be successful in their visa application. Some of the other requirements regarding this type of visa are as follows:

  • You have been offered a place for a course by a licensed student sponsor
  • You are able to support yourself financially during your studies
  • You possess the required level of knowledge in the English language (Speaking, reading, and writing)

Note that if you are 16 or 17, you must have proof of your parents' consent as part of the necessary documents.

However, some nationalities may not need a UK Student Visa in order to study certain courses in the UK. Please contact us for further information or check the official government website for up to date information.


Useful Information

HIS - Immigration Health Surcharge

Note that students who plan on studying English language courses in the UK need to apply for a Short-term Study Visa. However, you cannot apply for this visa if your English language course will last longer than eleven months or less than six months.

A Short-term study visa costs £186 and the healthcare surcharge is £470.

Collecting your BRP - Biometric Residence Permit

If you applied from inside the UK, you do not need to fetch your BRP because it will be sent to you by courier. It usually takes 7 to 10 days of getting your ‘decision letter’ until you receive your BRP.

If you applied from outside the UK, you can collect your BRP after you arrive in the UK. There will be a location in your visa decision letter that tells you where you need to go to collect your BRP.

Please contact us or visit for up to date information.

Police Registration Certificate

Once your application process has completed, you will receive your passport with a vignette (sticker) attached to a blank page. You are allowed to enter the UK based on how long this vignette is valid. It will also determine whether you're obligated to register with the police or not.

Work and Study

If you have a UK Student Visa, you can work as a student union sabbatical officer. Note that students may be allowed to get other jobs. However, the regulations regarding this matter are different based on your course of study and other factors. Note that students who have a Short-term Study Visa are not allowed to work or start a business in the UK.

Please contact us for more information.