Want to Study at Keele University in April / September 2020?
For all information about Scholarships & Discounts available at Keele University, Apply Now !
” Scholarships & Discounts are Limited “
Study Areas & Degree Lavels
|Art & Humanities|
|Business Social Science|
|Language & Cultural|
|Medicine and Health|
|Science and Technology|
About Keele University
Keele University was established in 1949 as University College of North Staffordshire and was the first ‘new university’ of the 20th Century, a title given to new and modern universities in the UK since 1992. In 1962, it received the Royal Charter and adopted the name Keele University after a village near to the university and was later regarded as “the most original innovation in British university education in the 20th Century”.
The university location is amazing since it is just one hour from Manchester and Birmingham and has woods, lakes, and parkland around it. Keele possesses more than 10,000 students over 120 different nationalities.
In the Guardian University League Table 2019, Keele ranks No. 1 in England for student satisfaction. Moreover, the university is continuously in the top three in the NSS of broad-based universities in England.
Recently in 2019, Sir David Attenborough – a noted English broadcaster and natural historian – invested £45 million in Keele to open new science labs, which was a fascinating event for the university.
Faculties of Economics, Psychology, and Mathematics are the most famous departments of Keele.
The university provides a student consultant panel known as THE KEELE100 which is made up of 100 Student Voice Representatives to discuss their university experience in different topics in order to expand student input into University-wide planning and decision-making.
Keele University holds the TEF Gold certificate. TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students.
Keele University-Student services and facilities
Libraries and Information Services
• Open 24/7, the on-campus library has quite a few facilities and study space and off-campus access.
• Further facilities such as support, free Wi-Fi, a wide variety of online and print resources are provided by the on-campus library as well as the off-campus health library to facilitate students’ need of any learning essentials.
Keele University-Student Jobs
- For supporting students regarding guidance on finding jobs and internships during their course at Keele, The Careers and Employability Service offers help and tailored support.
- There is a service named The JobShop, which is based in KeeleSU, is for announcing any temporary and part-time jobs for students as well as jobs for graduates.
- In order for representing the university at events, students can get paid in flexible working hours to play the role as the university’s ambassador.
- For improving the students’ employability and skills, the university has provided a range of golden opportunities.
- The Careers and Employability Service at Keele offers lots of counselling and support concerning career and employment issues.
- Professional staff can give guidance on issues such as postgraduate study, career planning, as well as internship opportunities. The service also arranges necessary events for students to get to know with employers and do some part-time jobs along with their studies.
Keele university-Health Services
- Keele Practice is the university’s health service which possesses two doctors in addition to two specialist nurse practitioners.
- The university has a Well Pharmacy on campus, enabling students to provide their needs for health.
Keele University- Counselling and Mental Health Support
- A team consists of accomplished, well-educated advisers are in the counselling and mental health support team to listen to the students’ concerns with no judgement and try to solve their problems by talking or referring to other helping sources.
Keele University-Disability Support
- Keele has provided disabled students – students with disabilities such as physical or sensory disability, autistic spectrum condition, and mental health problems – a specially adapted room for their programme period.
- The Disability and Dyslexia team helps students for their needs throughout their programme and provides a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) assessment.
- Please refer to our website for the detail or call our advisors.
Services and Facilities
- Keele University has also facilities for its religious students, including an ecumenical chapel for Christians as well as and Islamic Centre for Muslims.
- Shops which supply gifts, groceries, and other goods as well as a big nursery are other facilities at Keele.
Keele and University-Students’ Union
- Students’ Union (SU) at Keele University arranges events as Winterfest party, Halloween Ball, Christmas markets, Freshers’ Fair for new students, as well as WoodStoke – a summer party held annually.
- The Union also supports the student-led societies and clubs and encourages students to start their own society, if none of the other societies interests them.
- The SU at Keele ranks among top 10 student union according to 2019 National Student Survey.
Keele Notable Alumni & Famous Faces
- Maggie Atkinson − former children’s commissioner for England
- Laurence Mann − chief of staff and director at The Office of David Cameron
- Jamie Aitchison − BAFTA winner for TV coverage of the 2012 Paralympic Games
- Dominic Coles − former director of operations at the BBC
Keele University schedules a variety of orientation events for undergraduate and postgraduate national and international students.
- Undergraduate Open Days – an opportunity for students to get to know with the campus, attend in talks, tours, and drop-in sessions
- Undergraduate Offer Holder Days – campus tours for prospective students leading by Student Ambassadors
- Postgraduate Open Afternoons – a chance for postgraduate students to have a talk with faculties and get familiar with life at Keele
- Independent Visit – an informal, self-guided campus tour to visit Students’ Union, Library, and Sports centre for students who are unable to attend the aforementioned events
Keele-English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate: IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in any component) or equivalent, with exceptions
- Postgraduate: IELTS 6.5 overall (minimum 5.5 in any component) or equivalent
- Postgraduate (Research degree): IELTS 6.5 overall (minimum 5.5 in any component) or equivalent
- Exceptions for Postgraduate (Research degree):
- Science, Medicine, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, and Humanities (Music Technology): IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in any component)
- Business, Health Sciences, Humanities (including Music), Public Policy, Social Sciences, and psychology: IELTS 6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in any component)
- Education and Law: IELTS 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 in any component)
Keele University- Accommodation
- Keele has arranged more than 2700 rooms as students’ accommodation, all just a few steps from the campus.
- Barnes Hall – over 1000 bedrooms including classic rooms, shared flats and en-suites
- Holly Cross and the Oaks – en-suites and bedrooms with shared kitchens
- Horwood Hall – classic plus rooms, shared flats and houses
- Lindsay Hall – classic, classic plus and en-suite rooms in addition to famous Lindsay Café Bar
|Business Management||Applied Positive Psychology|
|Design and Crafts||Business Psychology|
|Development Studies||Civil Engineering|
|International Relations||Counselling and Psychotherapy|
|Human Resources Management||Education Information Security and Digital Forensics Acting|
|Art||English Language Teaching|
|Food Science||General Law|
|Hotel Management||International Business Management|
|Bachelor of Laws||International Law and Legal Practice|
|Film Studies||International Relations|
|Digital Media||Non-Government Organisations and Development Management|
|Hospitality and Tourism||Occupational and Organisational Psychology|
|Education Studies||Political Science|
|Computer Science||Professional Landscape Architecture|
|Interior Design||Social Work|
|Film Production||Structural Engineering|
|Architecture and Environmental Design||Theatre Directing|
|Biotechnology||Youth and Community Work|
|Dance and Drama|
|Master of Laws|
|Media and Communications|
|Oil and Gas Engineering|
|Oil and Gas Management|
|Supply Chain and Logistics|