Want to Study at Cardiff University in April / September 2020 ?
For all information about Scholarships & Discounts available at Cardiff University, Apply Now !
” Scholarships & Discounts are Limited “
Study Areas & Degree Lavels
|Art & Humanities|
|Business Social Science|
|Language & Cultural|
|Medicine and Health|
|Science and Technology|
About Cardiff University
Now a world-renowned research university with 30,000 students and 7,900 international students from over 130 countries at Cardiff University was founded in 1883 in the capital of Wales as the only Welsh university in the Russell Group—24 leading UK universities.
In 1904, Cardiff UNI employed Millicent Mackenzie as associate professor of Education, one of the first female university professors in the UK.
Cardiff University started with only 13 professors and 102 full-time students, and currently is determined to be among top 100 universities in the world and top 20 in the UK. According to Research Excellence Framework (REF), Cardiff was ranked 5th among UK universities for quality of research and 2nd for impact in 2014.
With its quality, first-class teaching and research approach, Cardiff has an encouraging and inspiring cooperation with students in order to grow creative and motivating students.
The university has 26 academic schools divided into 3 colleges, namely Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Biomedical and Life Sciences, and Physical Sciences and Engineering.
Health Park and Cathays Park are the two campuses of Cardiff University which are near the center of Cardiff city. Student’s Union as well as 22 academic schools made Cathays Park the main campus.
One of the most conspicuous achievements of Cardiff UNI is the two Nobel Prizes winning by Chemistry and Medicine faculties in addition to 6 Queen’s Anniversary Prizes.
Cardiff University holds the TEF certificate. TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed “rigorous national quality requirements” for higher education in the UK.
Cardiff University-Student services and facilities
- The university libraries have a wide range of information resources, with more than 1.2 million printed books, 59,000 e-journals and an extensive range of rare and historical books. A flexible study and research environment is provided, with over 2,500 study spaces across the university. Some of the libraries are open 24 hours a day throughout the year.
- Students are free to use Open access IT rooms available across the university, some open 24/7. Wi-Fi across campus enables students to use their own laptops and mobile devices to access resources. A wide range of software and IT support is available; IT support can be accessed by phone 24 hours a day.
- The university’s virtual learning environment facilitates online support for learning, studying and collaboration. Event capture technology records lectures, making them available on demand to students.
Cardiff University-Student Jobs
The Jobshop is a student employment service providing casual work to hundreds of students.
- The Careers and Employability service provides expert consultation and guides students throughout their degree. Students benefit from 24/7 access to an online system, Your Career Journey; tailored workshops on a wide range of topics; and even one-to-one appointments with dedicated advisers.
- The service partners with contacts from a broad range of industries and sectors to source exclusive work experience opportunities, from short insights that fit around students’ timetables to longer, paid internships and full-time placements. Students can network with employers by attending a wide variety of employer events, presentations and careers fairs. There is also dedicated support available for students who face barriers to gaining work experience.
- The Cardiff Award is a structured employability program to encourage students to invest in their future by improving their understanding of their career potential, gaining practical experience and reflecting on their skills.
- The Enterprise and Start-Up teams can help bring ideas to life; they offer tailored support for student entrepreneurs and start-ups, and for students who want to think creatively and develop their skills without starting a business.
- The Skills Development Service, run by the Students’ Union, provides a range of training courses and sessions designed to build students’ confidence, improve transferable skills and increase employability for the future.
Cardiff university-Health Services
- The university has its own GP surgery. In addition, the School of Optometry and Vision Sciences operates an eye clinic which is open to students.
Cardiff University- Counselling and Mental Health Support
- The university provides a range of support from self-help, peer led support, workshops, courses and groups, and short term brief therapy.
- The university’s Student Mentor Scheme helps students meet some of the challenges of starting university. New students are matched with students from the same academic school, who are trained to assist them with adapting to new ways of learning and teaching as well as living away from home.
Cardiff University-Disability Support
- The Disability and Dyslexia Service provides specialist advice to prospective and current students. It works with students and staff across the university to coordinate support and provide specialist services that best meet the needs of disabled students.
Cardiff University-Students’ Union
- Cardiff University has one of the biggest, best and most active Students’ Unions in the UK. High quality facilities include Y Plas, a 2,150 capacity nightclub; and the Great Hall, a major concert venue.
- The union offers an exciting entertainment program, a comprehensive range of student support services and more than 180 societies and 60 sports clubs, along with its own newspaper, lifestyle magazine, radio station and TV station.
- Union facilities offer ample desk space, seating, computer access, and group meeting space.
Cardiff Notable Alumni & Famous Faces
- Huw Edwards – BBC newsreader
- Nicole Cooke – Olympic gold medalist
- Gillian Clarke – national poet of Wales
Cardiff University is in a partnership with universities from over 35 countries – KU Leuven in Belgium, Xiamen University in China, Unicamp in Brazil, University of Bremen in Germany, and University of Namibia, to name but a few.
Bath Spa-Welcome Arrangements
Depending on what time of year you arrive in Cardiff, the program of events can include parties, welcome talks, practical advice and information sessions, sports and societies fairs, quizzes, and tours of the University campus and the city.
Bath Spa-English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate: IELTS 6.5 overall (minimum 5.5 in any component) or equivalent, with exceptions.
- Postgraduate (master’s): IELTS 6.5 overall (minimum 5.5 in any component) or equivalent, with exceptions.
- Postgraduate (research degrees): IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (minimum 5.5 in any component), unless a higher IELTS score is required by subject area at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Please refer to educational advisers for further details.
Bath Spa University- Accommodation
- Cardiff University offers a variety of student halls and houses for undergraduate and postgraduate students to choose, depending on their lifestyle and budget. Students require to consider the following factors prior to apply for a residence place:
- self-catered/meals provided
- availability of en-suite shower/toilet facilities
- residences fee
- how close it is to your academic building, the city center, or your choice of social or sports facilities
- The availability of residences during the summer vacation (all of the University accommodation allow you to stay during Christmas and Easter vacations).
- Student can apply for accommodation through Cardiff University online system (SIMS).
|Business Management||Applied Positive Psychology|
|Design and Crafts||Business Psychology|
|Development Studies||Civil Engineering|
|International Relations||Counselling and Psychotherapy|
|Human Resources Management||Education Information Security and Digital Forensics Acting|
|Art||English Language Teaching|
|Food Science||General Law|
|Hotel Management||International Business Management|
|Bachelor of Laws||International Law and Legal Practice|
|Film Studies||International Relations|
|Digital Media||Non-Government Organisations and Development Management|
|Hospitality and Tourism||Occupational and Organisational Psychology|
|Education Studies||Political Science|
|Computer Science||Professional Landscape Architecture|
|Interior Design||Social Work|
|Film Production||Structural Engineering|
|Architecture and Environmental Design||Theatre Directing|
|Biotechnology||Youth and Community Work|
|Dance and Drama|
|Master of Laws|
|Media and Communications|
|Oil and Gas Engineering|
|Oil and Gas Management|
|Supply Chain and Logistics|