Want to Study at University of birmingham in April / September 2020 ?
For all information about Scholarships & Discounts available at University of Birmingham, Apply Now !
” Scholarships & Discounts are Limited “
Study Areas & Degree Lavels
|Art & Humanities|| |
|Business Social Science|| |
|Language & Cultural|| |
|Medicine and Health|| |
|Science and Technology|| |
About Birmingham University
At Birmingham we offer an inspiring educational experience. An original “redbrick” university and founding member of the Russell Group of institutions, we are home to approximately 28,000 students. The University is a truly vibrant, global community and is internationally-renowned, incorporating over 5,000 international students from nearly 150 countries around the world. Named as the University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times in 2013-14, this accolade is testament to quality of work that takes place at Birmingham. Outstanding research that informs From 1900 to the present day, Birmingham has been leading the way in research and education.
The University is an internationally powerful, research-led institution and as well as our commitment to providing excellent teaching, academic staff are engaged in a wide range of research that has created a major positive impact across the globe. Birmingham is the national hub for an innovative STEM program, a national initiative to promote interest in science, technology, engineering and maths among young people and enhance higher level skills in the workplace. We are the first link in a chain of Cancer Research UK Centers, our academics are taking the lead on the ATLAS Project at the Large Hadron Collider, and a transformational gift of £15 million in 2013 means that we are establishing an Institute for Forest Research which will study the impact of environmental change on woodlands. These are just some of the highlights that place Birmingham at the forefront of 21st century research.
You will be studying at the heart of our academic community, alongside a challenging, international academy of over 2,000 individuals, many of whom are global experts in their field. This means that your studies will include all the latest approaches, thinking and understanding. Our campus The 250-acre parkland campus in Edgbaston provides a safe, friendly environment and has all the facilities you would expect to find: bars, cafes, shops, a sports center, banks, art gallery, botanical gardens, doctor’s surgery, dental practice and its own railway station – all the facilities you need to support your learning, social life, sporting and other interests while at university.
Our representative offices and staff in Delhi, India; Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou in China; and Chicago in the United States, as well as our membership of the U21 global network and partnership working in Brazil, ensures that the University is well connected and measures success against international standards
University of Birmingham holds a TEF Gold certificate .TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that provide high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently transcend the “strict national quality requirements” for higher education in the UK.
Birmingham University-Student services and facilities
University of Birmingham offers various educational services and facilities to its students.
- With over 1.8 million print and 500,000 online books, and more than 85,000 print and online journals, the library welcomes 1,458,000 visitors every year. Its staff provide front line and specialist support, information literacy and academic skills teaching, so that students and staff find and use information effectively.
Birmingham University-Student Jobs
Worklink is an in-service that helps students find part-time jobs in or outside university, which rarely exceeds15 hours a week.
- Located in the Students Support Center, The Careers Network helps students gain useful work experience.
- The Alumni Mentor Leadership Program gives a number of students the opportunity to benefit from the private education experience of leading Birmingham alumni, including former Chief Medical Officer Sir Liam Donaldson and Green Ball actress Thomson Grieg.
- The Personal Skills Award (PSA) enables students to gain credibility in the range of leadership, management, and life skills necessary for the modern workplace.
- The university was ranked second in the UK by Top UK Employers, according to the High Fliers Graduate Market Report 2018.
Birmingham university-Health Services
- The university has a dental and implant center that provides dental services to students and staff, routine examinations, as well as dental implants and tooth whitening.
Birmingham University- Counseling and Mental Health Support
- Support from the first day all through graduation, which includes access to a counselor or health coach in any school or university department, self-help guides written by clinical psychologists and stress relief workshops.
Birmingham University-Disability Support
- The University of Birmingham offers special services to help students with motor, mental and learning disabilities. Please refer to the university’s website for further details.
Birmingham-Other Services and Facilities
- The Student Advisory and Representation Trade Union (ARC) offers free professional advice to students on a variety of topics including financial, academic, employment, housing and immigration issues.
Birmingham and University-Students’ Union
- The University of Birmingham Student Union with over 250 student groups and associations has a long and successful track record of lobbying and campaigning to improve student life.
- Intervol (International Volunteer Group) sends about 100 students each year to projects around the world, including awareness of aid in Cambodia and Kenya, conservation work and other long-term initiatives.
Birmingham Notable Alumni & Famous Faces
- Baroness Valerie Amos – under-secretary-general for humanitarian affairs and emergency relief coordinator at the United Nations.
- Dr Simon Campbell CBE FRS FMedSci – has led innovative research, discovering some of the world’s best-selling prescription drugs.
- Sarah Cox – head of business planning and program management for the London 2012 Olympics.
International Student Advisory Services (ISAS) with one of the largest international student population in the UK, has many successes in welcoming international students to Birmingham. When students accept a residency offer, ISAS assists them by providing useful information such as applying for a visa and preparing them for university life. It also runs a program so that international students meet other students and live in Birmingham. Live chat sessions are available for students to work with international recruitment team staff discussing admission, funding, scholarships, and accommodation and student life at the University of Birmingham.
Birmingham-English Language Requirements
- English requirements vary depending on the program.
Please refer to educational advisers for further details.
Birmingham University- Accommodation
- Accommodation includes en-suite rooms with bathrooms, modern studios and apartments. All rooms have high-speed network and internet access, and most rooms are within a 15-20 minute walk of the campus. Students at Vale Village receive a weekly budgeted meal plan.
- International students can have the opportunity to experience living in multicultural environments by sharing residence halls with English students. There is also a world-class private residence at Pricates House.
To get more information about new courses and how to apply for the new school year, you can submit your questions and get free advice through the form below.
Study In UK 2020
Costs In UK
Cost of living for those who want to study in UK includes tuition, accommodation, transportation, and food. However, there are some details about each one to notice.
The best and newest scholarships in the UK in 2020 can cover all the costs of tuition, food, accommodation, and transport from and to your home country.
Study Football in UK
You can find a place among professional footballers in either UK or anywhere around the world. You just have to know where to kick off.
Student Visas in the UK comprise two types, Short-Term & Long-Term with the latter being of two sub-classes; over 16 & under 16 years of age.