Want to Study at Oxford University in April / September 2020?
For all information about Scholarships & Discounts available at Oxford University, Apply Now !
” Scholarships & Discounts are Limited “
Study Areas & Degree Lavels
|Art & Humanities|
|Business Social Science|
|Language & Cultural|
|Medicine and Health|
|Science and Technology|
About Oxford University
While it is estimated that some form of teaching existed in University of Oxford since 1096, there is no evidence of the exact date of foundation. This is the oldest university in the English-speaking world as well as the world’s second oldest surviving university, after University of Bologna, Italy – founded in 1088.
In 1190, University of Oxford was receptive to the first international student in history—Emo of Friesland.
As a world-renowned, top university with state-of-the-art teaching approaches and very strong research, a total of 69 Nobel prize-winners associated with Oxford; the university itself has won 28 Nobel prizes. 120 Olympic medalists, 7 Poets Laureate, and over 30 modern world leaders – Bill Clinton, Indira Ghandi and 26 UK Prime Ministers – are just a few among more than 250,000 Oxford’s alumni.
Oxford is made up of 44 colleges which offers over 350 graduate degree programs and has over 24,000 students, including almost 10,000 international students from more than 140 countries.
Oxford was ranked first in the world in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for 2017, 2018 and 2019. Plus, it was ranked 6th in the world in the QS World Rankings 2017 and 7th in the world in the Academic Ranking of World Universities compiled by Shanghai Jiaotong University 2017. It was also ranked second in the UK by The Sunday Times 2017, The Guardian 2017 and The Complete University Guide 2017. Over 91% of Oxford graduates are employed or in further study six months after graduating.
The university’s Medicine department has been recently ranked 1st in the world, and in QS World University Ranking by Subject in 2017, its Arts and Humanities was ranked 1st, Life Sciences and Social Sciences was ranked 3rd, Natural Sciences was ranked 5th, and Engineering and Technology was ranked 9th. Furthermore, Humanities, Law, and MBA courses are the most conspicuous ones offered by Oxford.
University of Oxford holds the TEF Gold certificate. TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students.
Oxford University-Student services and facilities
Libraries and Information Services
• Having more than 100 libraries at Oxford makes it the largest university library system in Britain.
• As a legal deposit library, The Bodleian Library can request a copy of any online and digital published article in the UK or Ireland.
• The aim of providing such system at Oxford is to make it possible for students to access free books and study items while finishing their course.
Oxford University-Student Jobs
• In order for students to be able to earn while studying, the university offers some part-time job opportunities, if their tutor permits.
• There are also a number of available positions offered by colleges during the summer conference season. In addition, more than 400 summer internship positions are offered by The Careers Service.
• Oxford needs to make sure that students opt for the best choice after graduation. In this regard, its Career Service offers career advice for students from the alumni.
• Workshops for boosting CV and interview preparation, one-on-one meetings with a career counsellor, 14 annual career fairs, and a huge number of employer presentations and careers events within each department, faculty or college during term are just some of the university’s career services.
• The Student Consultancy is a program for students to improve their employability and build professional experience. Plus, there are lots of local and global internship opportunities provided only for Oxford students.
• In addition to the aforementioned services, the university holds The Career Connect events each year and has developed a system to alert students of available job opportunities. As a result, graduates of Oxford have a lifelong guaranteed access to the university’s expert career help and job vacancies.
Oxford university-Health Services
• There is a doctor for each college who associates with a local GP surgery in addition to a nurse for most of the colleges.
Oxford University- Counselling and Mental Health Support
• A variety of workshops and groups, and individual therapy has been provided by the university in the name of Student Counselling Service which offers private advice and has expert staff. Furthermore, different topics including exam preparation, mindfulness, and perfectionism are discussed in the university’s podcast site.
• Students may also access a peer support program. All peer supporters are carefully selected and trained to take up this role and receive ongoing support and supervision from the Counselling Service.
Oxford University-Disability Support
• Oxford encourages students with disabilities to enroll at the university and is honored to currently have more than 3,500 students with disabilities.
• In order to assist access to courses, the university’s Disability Advisory Service provides a variety of adjustments and offers advice and support.
Oxford-Other Services and Facilities
• Oxford has even provided programs for ages ranging from 9 to 17 known as Oxford Summer Courses. This program helps students to learn over 40 academic courses from Oxford tutors and get familiar with Oxford rich history and beautiful landmarks which ends with a formal dinner and graduation ceremony.
Oxford and University-Students’ Union
• Student Union at Oxford provides support for all facets of student life on campus including representing students’ opinion towards the university and colleges.
• Quite a few student-led works such as student media and volunteering are supported by The Student’s Union.
• The Student’s Union also offers services such as a well-being service, a free advice service, as well as bike repairs in addition to a study space and meeting room in a building which is open to all.
Oxford Notable Alumni & Famous Faces
• J Michael Kosterlitz and Sir John Gurdon – Nobel prize-winners
• Constantine Louloudis and Zoe de Toldeo – Olympic medallists
• Stephen Hawking − Physicist
• Oscar Wilde – Poet and playwright
Oxford has a unique set of welcoming events for the students. Not only does the university hold an orientation event – called The Freshers’ Fair – in order for new students to meet advisors and learn about departments and life at Oxford, but it also arranges a pre-departure Skype event to inform students about orientation events, visas, and registration advice.
Oxford-English Language Requirements
• Standard Level: IELTS 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 in any component) or equivalent (only for Computer Science, Mathematics, and Statistics)
• Higher Level: IELTS 7.5 overall (minimum 7.0 in any component) or equivalent
• There is a Language Centre in the University of Oxford for international students in any degree or staff in order to improve their English. Moreover, there is a 6-week Summer Pre-Sessional English course for all the students who has either a conditional or non-conditional offer from Oxford so as to improve their English level and be prepared for classes.
Oxford University- Accommodation
• University of Oxford has provided a number of accommodation options both for undergraduate and postgraduate national and international applicants and even their parents. The choices include either living with other students or live on their own in a private house.
• There are residences all over the Oxford city and students are able to choose from their favorite area based on their lifestyle—whether they prefer to be near shops and night life or they’d rather to live in a quiet neighborhood.
• If students opt for living in a private accommodation, the university offers a variety of methods for students to find a private landlord. Aside from agents and accommodation websites, there is a Student Pad which helps students find their proper accommodation.
|Business Management||Applied Positive Psychology|
|Design and Crafts||Business Psychology|
|Development Studies||Civil Engineering|
|International Relations||Counselling and Psychotherapy|
|Human Resources Management||Education Information Security and Digital Forensics Acting|
|Art||English Language Teaching|
|Food Science||General Law|
|Hotel Management||International Business Management|
|Bachelor of Laws||International Law and Legal Practice|
|Film Studies||International Relations|
|Digital Media||Non-Government Organisations and Development Management|
|Hospitality and Tourism||Occupational and Organisational Psychology|
|Education Studies||Political Science|
|Computer Science||Professional Landscape Architecture|
|Interior Design||Social Work|
|Film Production||Structural Engineering|
|Architecture and Environmental Design||Theatre Directing|
|Biotechnology||Youth and Community Work|
|Dance and Drama|
|Master of Laws|
|Media and Communications|
|Oil and Gas Engineering|
|Oil and Gas Management|
|Supply Chain and Logistics|