Want to Study at De Montfort University University in April / September 2020?
For all information about Scholarships & Discounts available at De Montfort University University, Apply Now !
” Scholarships & Discounts are Limited “
Study Areas & Degree Lavels
|Art & Humanities|
|Business Social Science|
|Language & Cultural|
|Medicine and Health|
|Science and Technology|
About De Montfort University
A combination of excellent student experience, national diversity, modern equipment, a strong emphasis on job skills and a high employment rate above that of the national average has put De Montfort University among top 25 universities in the UK. DMU welcomes over 2700 international students from 135 countries each year and offers over 300 courses in Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees.
Dating back to 1870 and the Leicester School of Art in the beautiful and multicultural city of Leicester, just over an hour from London, DMU received university status in 1992. It was named after Simon De Montfort, who founded the first parliament in 1265. The modern DMU has about 20000 students from all over the world and has four faculties of art, design and humanities, business and law, health sciences and technology.
DMU holds the TEF Gold certificate, TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed “rigorous national quality requirements” for higher education in the UK.
De Montfort University-Student services and facilities
De Montfort University offers a wide range of quality services and facilities to its students.
Libraries and Information Services
• DMU provides excellent libraries with learning, study and meeting rooms where students can find the information they need, do research, get support, or simply find a quiet place to study.
• The DMU Library and Learning Services provide access to over 500000 print publications, thousands of books and electronic journals, a vast collection of DVDs, plus remotely accessible research databases.
• A 24/7 study room dedicated to postgraduate students is available at Kimberlin library.
De Montfort University-Student Jobs
• DMU offers Students the opportunity to earn money while studying through Unitemps, a campus-based, university-run employment agency. The agency helps students find paid jobs within the university and in the Leicester area, from part-time work for a few hours a week to full time positions for a short time.
• The DMU hires students to work as student ambassadors to assist with campus tours, open days and many other activities throughout the university.
De Montfort-Career Advice
• DMU works Career Program prepares students for the job market by providing opportunities for them to become professional, adaptable and business-aware, be successful in a competitive world and make decisions about their future. These Opportunities include professional experiences, placements, apprenticeships and volunteering, job-preparation training, coaching and development, corporate support, research and consulting opportunities.
De Montfort University-Disability Support
• The Disability Advice and Support Team through the “Universal Design for Learning project” is working to build an immersive experience for students with disabilities based on core university values such as diversity. Providing an equitable and inclusive approach to learning, delivering curriculum, content, assessment and policy is the team’s top priority. These include the Disability Enhancement Program to increase the independence of students with disabilities and DMU Replay Policy, which enables all students to record lecturers’ voice including those with different learning needs and styles, so that students can review them in their own time.
• Quite-themed accommodation helps autistic students and people with special mental health conditions as well as a new assistive software introduced along with other educational resources in accessible formats.
De Montfort-Other Services and Facilities
• Courses are accommodated with professional facilities including lecture theaters, computer science labs, creative technology studios, audio visual labs, the performing arts center, print rooms, CAD and 3D printing equipment, and much more.
• Each college has its own student counseling center that provides information on delivering and collecting coursework, IT issues, contacting faculty, as well as addressing potential student concerns confidentially.
• A dedicated student support team advises students on essay writing, correct English, research work, time management, and exams. Libraries also have expert inquiry points and staff that hold one-to-one workshops and meetings.
• The university is the beginning of an adventure that can take students anywhere, but they also needs a space to call home, DMU helps new students find a safe place nearby.
• DMU offers a 50% discount on train tickets for Open Days on October 12th and November 9th. See the University website for more information.
De Montfort and University-Students’ Union
• The Student Union Officers’ Team is made up of 12 current or former DMU students who reflect the students’ views and ideas.
• The union is one of the ten institutions across Leicestershire that are recognized by the accredited Investor Volunteer Quality Standard and supports more than 4500 student members in communities, sports clubs and course representative systems.
• The Students’ Union, in collaboration with the Quality standard-recognized Advisory Team, has been able to save over £ 174000 over the past academic year through student financial appeal and refundable housing deposits.
De Montfort Notable Alumni & Famous Faces
• Sir Peter Soulsby – politician and Leicester City’s mayor
• Louis de Bernières – novelist
• Geoff Rowe – founder and director of the Leicester Comedy Festival
• Lewis Moody MBE – international rugby player
De Montfort-Welcome Arrangements
The DMU provides students with comprehensive guidance and information prior to their entry. The university also runs a free airport coach pick-up service on specific dates, coinciding with the start of some English language courses and the before International Welcome Week in September.
De Montfort-English Language Requirements
• Students must achieve an IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum score of 5.5 in all four skills.
• The dedicated Center for English Language Learning (CELL) also offers various courses designed to help students improve their language skills before and during their studies.
De Montfort University- Accommodation
• The DMU guarantees accommodation for EU and international students according to a specific criteria. Please contact our educational advisors for more information.
• Only students are allowed to stay in university halls and all rooms are single.
|Business Management||Applied Positive Psychology|
|Design and Crafts||Business Psychology|
|Development Studies||Civil Engineering|
|International Relations||Counselling and Psychotherapy|
|Human Resources Management||Education Information Security and Digital Forensics Acting|
|Art||English Language Teaching|
|Food Science||General Law|
|Hotel Management||International Business Management|
|Bachelor of Laws||International Law and Legal Practice|
|Film Studies||International Relations|
|Digital Media||Non-Government Organisations and Development Management|
|Hospitality and Tourism||Occupational and Organisational Psychology|
|Education Studies||Political Science|
|Computer Science||Professional Landscape Architecture|
|Interior Design||Social Work|
|Film Production||Structural Engineering|
|Architecture and Environmental Design||Theatre Directing|
|Biotechnology||Youth and Community Work|
|Dance and Drama|
|Master of Laws|
|Media and Communications|
|Oil and Gas Engineering|
|Oil and Gas Management|
|Supply Chain and Logistics|
Study In UK 2020
Costs In UK
Cost of living for those who want to study in UK includes tuition, accommodation, transportation, and food. However, there are some details about each one to notice.
The best and newest scholarships in the UK in 2020 can cover all the costs of tuition, food, accommodation, and transport from and to your home country.
Study Football in UK
You can find a place among professional footballers in either UK or anywhere around the world. You just have to know where to kick off.
Student Visas in the UK comprise two types, Short-Term & Long-Term with the latter being of two sub-classes; over 16 & under 16 years of age.