Frequently Asked Questions

1Am I an International Student?
For the purposes of, an international student is someone whose first language is not English, and who wants to study English in the United Kingdom . We regret that we will not be able to help English speaking students from North America or any other country where English is spoken as a first language.
2Can I get free education in the UK with
No. We regret that we will not be able to give you advice regarding scholarships in the UK .
3Maybe I should just book directly with the school?
Of course you can book directly with the school - but you will pay the same price anyway, and you will be doing all the work. And if anything goes wrong we won’t be there to help you!
4What are the benefits of using
There are several important benefits of using is an independent company and will offer truly impartial advice when suggesting a course to you. Please note that works only with schools accredited by the British Council or the main accreditation bodies in each country where we represent schools. will handle all aspects of your booking and will communicate with the school on your behalf. We will keep you updated on the progress of your booking at all times and will give you advice at any time if you have any questions, you can leave the worrying to us. will resolve any issues prior to and during your course. If you have a problem of any kind will talk to the school for you, and will make sure that any problem is resolved.
5What exactly does do?
As an official representative for the schools and colleges listed on the website, will handle all aspects of your booking at a particular school. We will help you choose the best course for you, and will send you all the information that you require. We will make sure that you receive the correct paperwork for your visa application, and we will make sure that your accommodation and transfer requirements are properly organised.
6Will help me to get a visa?
When you enroll for a course and have paid your deposit / enrollment fee, we will arrange for the school to send you your ‘letter of acceptance’ which you will give to the visa officer when you apply for your visa. We can also write a supporting letter, and can email you the relevant visa application forms if required. Please note however that we have no influence over the visa officer’s final decision. If we suspect that you are not a genuine applicant and simply want to gain entry to the UK we will notify the relevant authorities and will cancel your application immediately.
7Where can I get more information about visas?
You can find complete information on:
8When do I need to pay for my course?
For non-EU students requiring a visa to study in the UK , full fees must usually be paid at least 4 weeks prior to your arrival at the school. Different schools have different policies, and we will notify you of any particular terms and conditions before you book your course. EU Students usually have the option of paying the difference on their first day at the school. Please note that the deposit in this case will have to equal the amount deducted in the event of cancellation.
9Will my deposit be refunded if I don’t get my visa?
The majority of schools on the website will refund your deposit in full on production of a copy of the official visa refusal letter. Some schools however will retain an admin fee, and if you cancel at late notice you may be liable for further charges. You will be notified of the terms and conditions before you pay your deposit, but we do recommend that you book your course as early as possible. If you are not entirely sure about the refund policy of a particular school please ask to explain.
10How do I pay the school?
The preferred method of payment is by Bank Transfer. will provide you with the school’s bank details for you to make the transfer. You will be required to pay for any bank charges. Once you have paid the fees or deposit to the school, you will be asked to fax or email a copy of the bank transfer to and we will arrange for the enrolment paperwork to be sent to you.
11Can I pay by credit card?
It is usually possible to pay by credit card, although due to the high incidence of credit card fraud the cardholder may be required to fax a signed photocopy of the front and back of the credit card to This fax will be destroyed responsibly as soon as you have started your course. If you are refused a visa any refund will be made back to the same credit card. We remain vigilant against credit card fraud and we will notify the school immediately if we suspect a transaction to be fraudulent.
12What is the average cost of courses and accommodation in the UK?
Generally, the shorter your course the more expensive it will be per week. Long-term courses often have special rates, so please contact for details. London is generally more expensive than other areas in the UK, especially regarding accommodation. As a very general guideline expect to pay about 200 - 400 GBP per week for tuition and accommodation. Remember, if you are a non-EU student you must study for at least 15 hours per week. Students who are taking any course below the Bachelor’s Degree are not permitted to work in the UK. Students who are studying at Bachelor’s level can work up to 10 hours per week during the term time and full time between the terms (holidays) while students studying Masters can work up to 20 hours per week during the term time and full time between the terms (holidays).
[sibwp_form id=1]