- Kent was ranked 27th in the UK in the 2011 Guardian University Guide
- Kent was ranked 24th in the UK for world-leading (4*) research in the Research Assessment Exercise 2008
- Kent was ranked 16th in the UK in the 2008 Guardian University Guide for graduate prospects.
Kent has long-standing partnerships with over 100 universities in mainland Europe. The only UK university with a centre in Brussels, we also offer postgraduate programmes in humanities at our centre in Paris.
Under the Erasmus scheme, EU students study at Kent while our students can study or undertake work placements abroad in countries ranging from Spain to the Czech Republic. Work and study abroad possibilities also extend worldwide.
Kent is a major participant in a range of European programmes including the Framework Programme and the cross-border strand of Interreg within the European Regional Development Fund. Many academic schools and research staff are partners in innovative European projects at the cutting edge of research.
- Total number of students 19,665
- Undergraduate full-time 14,030
- Postgraduate full-time 1,860
- Undergraduate part-time 2,795
- Postgraduate part-time 980
- Canterbury campus 15,885
- Medway campus 2,525
- European centres 180
- Female to male ratio 53:47
- Percentage of overseas students (outside EU) 12.2%
- Number of countries Kent recruits from 125