Edinburgh Napier University is a dynamic, innovative and forward-looking institution dedicated to supplying educational services which are relevant to the needs of today’s students and employers.
By offering creatively designed courses, flexible study methods and accessible routes to higher education we equip our graduates for success in a competitive job market.
We have been awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education for 2009. This is the first occasion in the history of the University that we have received this highly prestigious prize, which is awarded biennially to reward universities and colleges that demonstrate work of a world-class standard of excellence.
Academically the University is organised in 3 faculties and our 15,691 students are divided between them as follows:
- Student Numbers by Faculty (2008/09)
- Engineering, Computing & Creative Industries 4,563
- Health, Life & Social Sciences 4,745
- The Business School 6,212
- Customised programmes 171
- Total 15,691
- Student Distribution by Mode of study (2008/09)
- Undergraduate Postgraduate Total
- Full-time 10,074 – 1,082 – 11,156
- Part-time 3,033 – 1,502 – 4,535
- Total – 13,107 – 2,584 – 15,691
Edinburgh Napier has been rated as one of Scotland’s top universities for graduate employability (HESA 2011). Their recent study of last summer’s graduates showed that 93.2% of our students are in jobs or further study six months after graduating.
Our graduates are confident and valued by employers, for their job skills as well as their subject knowledge. Our student body is diverse and cosmopolitan, and is made up of about 22% international students, 12% EU students and 66% UK students.