The University of Greenwich, Three stunning campuses, over 1,200 programmes, and first-class research. Let us open your eyes, to one of the grandest university settings in the world.
- The university traces its roots back to Woolwich Polytechnic, Britain's second polytechnic, opened in 1890.
- University status awarded in 1992.
Location and transport
- The main campus is housed in the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich, designed by Sir Christopher Wren - only 10 minutes from central London by train.
- The Avery Hill campus is set in 35 hectares (86 acres) of parkland. Half is set around a Victorian mansion the other includes two new buildings.
- Medway is a shared campus with the University of Kent and Canterbury Christ Church University, housed in Edwardian listed buildings in Chatham Maritime.
- Average total tariff for first degree students 202.2.
- Average total tariff for first degree students holding A/AS levels only 210.2.
- Men 47%, Women 53%.
- Home 85%, overseas 15%.
- State 97%, public 3%.
Learn about London city...