Cardiff is one of Britain's major teaching and research universities. Located in the centre of the capital city of Wales, it has an international reputation for the quality of its work which attracts staff and students from around the world.
Widening Access addresses the recruitment, retention and progression of students from a wide variety of groups traditionally under-represented in higher education. These include people from ethnic minority groups, from disadvantaged communities, people with disabilities and those from families with no previous experience of higher education.
- With over 28,000 students and c6,000 staff, the Cardiff University academic community is the size of a small town.
- It is a community with an annual turnover of £429 million.
- Research is undertaken in each of the 27 Schools, and at any one time there are more than 1,700 research contracts in operation.
- The University has over 5,000 study bedrooms in 14 residences.
Some 8,200 students graduate each year.Our close links with employers and professional bodies and the recognised high quality of our teaching and learning ensure that Cardiff graduates are equipped with the transferable skills, knowledge and attitudes that employers look for.
As a result Cardiff continues to be targeted by employers seeking high calibre graduates. Each year around 90 percent of graduates enter employment or professional training/postgraduate study shortly after graduating.
The most recent known destinations of Cardiff's graduates is as follows:
- 89% of graduates go on to Employment / Further Study
- 4% of graduates were not available for work
- 7% of graduates are unemployed
"As one of the world's leading international law practices, Allen &Overy LLP seeks to recruit high calibre graduates who will make a real impact on our business and will be successful at the forefront of the commercial world. We continue to recruit Cardiff graduates from all disciplines, recognising their academic abilities but also their skills in vital areas such as communication, leadership and team work."
Learn about Cardiff city...