Castle Brighton Social Activities
At Castle School we want you to have fun, make friends and learn about life in the UK as well as learn the English language. This is why we help you to meet people both in and out of lessons.
Leisure activities such as outings, cultural visits, sports, parties, dinners, discos and excursions are among the many things you can choose from.
UK Excursions at Castle Brighton
The main Castle Brighton provider of tours is www.ukstudytours.com
a specialist company that offers day trips and weekend excursions around the UK and Europe ,students can buy their tickets online or through our school social organiser.
There are trips to:
For more information about Ukstudy tours please visit www.ukstudytours.com
Students will have the opportunity to enjoy a real taste of Brighton and the surrounding countryside, as well as English customs and culture.
Brighton & Hove has probably the best choice of entertainment on the south coast. In the city you will find several cinemas, concert halls and theatres. Top names in the music world regularly perform here before moving to London's West End. In addition, Brighton & Hove has a reputation for some of the best nightclubs outside London with top DJ's regularly playing here.
From the modern shopping mall in Churchill Square to the antique jewellery shops of the 'Lanes' in the old town or the bohemian shops of the North Laines, there is something for everyone.
Throughout the year the city is host to many festivals and special events.
- The Brighton Festival of Arts and Music, held in May, is one of the largest festivals in Europe.
- The London to Brighton Bike Ride, in June every year, is a very popular cycle event.
- The Brighton Food Festival takes place in September.
- The London to Brighton Veteran Car Run takes place on the first Sunday of every November and commemorates the Emancipation run of 1896.
- Lewes Bonfire Night – 5th November is the UKs night for fireworks and most towns and cities will have a display. Lewes, a market town 6 miles from Brighton and Hove, has the most riotous, historic and extensive celebrations in the region.
- December – Burning of the Clocks. A parade, fireworks, and a symbolic burning of paper clocks to mark the end of the year.
As well as sports centres and swimming pools, there are sports facilities available for sailing, windsurfing, beach volleyball, golf, cycling, football, basketball and tennis, amongst others.
There are two specialist companies that offer day trips and weekend excursions around the UK and Europe. There are trips to:
- Bath and Stonehenge
- Portsmouth & The Isle of Wight
- Stratford upon Avon
- Premiership Football and other sporting events
- Musicals and concerts in London
- European Excursions
The main providers of tours is www.ukstudytours.com Their representatives come to the school to sell tickets at least twice each week.